Real Digital Media Releases NEOCAST® Media Server 3.0
NEOCAST® Media Server 3.0 Enhancements Bolster Leadership Position as the Most Precise and Flexible Centralized Platform for Establishing Digital Signage NetworksSarasota, FL - January 15, 2007
Real Digital Media (RDM), a leading provider of next generation digital signage products for establishing point-of-purchase marketing, promotions and corporate communication networks, today announced a significant upgrade to its centralized NEOCAST® Media Server software. The enhancements build upon the economical and scalable store and forward design of the NEOCAST® solution, while improving the user interface, workflows, network management and campaign distribution functions.
NEOCAST® Media Server 3.0 introduces multiple new enhancements and features, and continues to incorporate the key constructs of campaigns, markets, schedules and collaboration to enable the efficient and precise distribution of content to NEOCAST® Media Players. Developed with input from active Real Digital Media customers, these enhancements ensure that present and future versions of NEOCAST® will stay at the forefront of customers’ digital signage requirements.
“The 3.0 release of our NEOCAST® Media Server software comes at a time when the marketplace is clearly embracing the benefits of digital signage,” said Ken Goldberg, CEO of Real Digital Media. “With input from our NEOCAST® User Group, the enhancements in this release are a response to the realities facing clients today, but also ensure NEOCAST® will continue to evolve and lead the market as new digital signage standards and demands emerge.”
Marie Cooper, vice president of network operations at Kyle Private Networks, adds, “As a digital signage network owner, one of the most critical decisions is selecting a vendor that acts like a partner rather than simply a supplier. Real Digital Media is that partner for Kyle Private Networks. We’ve built our network using their NEOCAST® platform, and in turn, they’ve included us in their development process. This open dialogue gives us the confidence that Real Digital Media has our best interests as a client, and that their products will continue to grow in a direction that supports our business.”
The NEOCAST® Media Server 3.0 enhances the already robust player-to-server interaction by improving network visibility and campaign distribution features and functions. Specific NEOCAST® Media Server 3.0 product enhancements include:
- Real-time, 24×7 visibility of network and media player status to determine overall network health
- Real-time, 24×7 visibility of campaign summaries to determine overall time consumption and availability across network
- Remote management of RS-232-enabled display functions, including display power and volume control access and awareness
- Time zone feature for improved coordination between media players and the media server when determining optimal download hours for content and playlist instructions
- Improved data validation functions to ensure proper coding of media content
- Improved content review features allowing users to view content before selecting for distribution
- Improved screen layout options allows for a variety of ‘zone’ and ‘skin’ designs to be implemented simultaneously across a network
- Incorporates a more flexible zone system for partitioning content within a display screen
- Improved feed assignment allows for a variety of RSS feeds to be activated simultaneously across a network
- Improved personalization engine allows authorized managers to control individual players for customized messaging
- Improved workflow engine ensures content and campaigns meet standards for distribution across network
- Enhanced security features further insulate digital signage networks powered by NEOCAST® from inappropriate use
- Automatic insertion of localized content via SpotSwap™ technology
- Dynamic creation of content and media player groups for easier access to content and distribution options
Together, these features provide the greatest level of flexibility, reliability, scalability, visibility and precision available in one solution in the digital signage marketplace today. Organizations considering a digital signage network deployment to achieve the benefits of increased sales, improved brand loyalty and generated ad revenue require a mature and integrated solution such as NEOCAST®.
NEOCAST® Media Server 3.0 enhancements are currently available. To learn more, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Real Digital Media
Real Digital Media (RDM) provides next generation digital signage products that power many of the industry’s fastest growing point-of-purchase marketing, advertising and corporate communication networks.
Our family of NEOCAST® digital signage products store, deliver and play content in a wide range of digital formats on a variety of display devices. With NEOCAST® players and software, your customized content and programming can scale across entire narrowcast networks down to individual displays, providing ultimate flexibility in reaching customers with your targeted messaging at the right place, at the right time. For more information, please visit us at www.realdigitalmedia.com.
Media ContactDan Dyer (513) 478-7818 ddyer(@)realldigitalmedia.com